Friday, January 15, 2010

Beautiful places that are very OLD!








Living in the US, we have no idea what old really is. 200 years old is a miracle in the US, but that's just a baby here in France. While in Lacoste, I can't help but think about all the people who've been by the buildings I look at.



And yesterday, we went to a church in Bonnieux that was built in the 1100's, but it also had a sacrificial altar (glad we don't do that anymore) from the 7th or 8th century. It was slick with wear and age and I got to touch it.





I'm enclosing a photo of my TRAVEL PORTFOLIO class inside the church with our pleasant tour guide and keeper of the key, Monsieur Vincent Gils. I did an ink drawing of a nativity scene inside the chapel that he had made at age 14. I had the whole class sign it and we presented it to him as a gift for taking time to open the church for us. That's the drawing that he's holding in his hands in the group photograph. It was a marvelous trip and it was great to be indoors yesterday since the winds were blowing mercilessly all around.

It was still very cold - even inside the chapel, though.



Today was very calm and beautiful ... and MUCH warmer. Much more what everyone would like it to be like around here every day.

Education is happening ... even with all the fun. It's pretty cool to be over here.

Hey! On Wednesday, I FINALLY BROKE THE ICE AND STARTED DOING THE PANEL TO PANEL PLOT FOR MY GRAPHIC NOVEL. And I got 20 pages plotted. The story is flowing out nicely. I am going to work more on that this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all the support regarding my work.

More to come-
Tom

No comments: